Are you looking for the best ways to clean and preserve your ugg boots? If you own these fashionable boots, you probably want to keep them in the best condition possible. Ugg boots are made from quality materials, and they can last for years if they are cared for correctly. There are numerous methods that are appropriate for cleaning Uggs, and each one depends on your personal needs. Read this article and discover which ugg cleaner you have to buy to keep your uggs in mint condition.
Because ugg footwear is typically fabricated from suede or sheepskin, it isn’t meant to get wet. While most people avoid wet conditions while wearing uggs, it is not always possible to do so. If your uggs get wet, there are ways to bring back their luxurious texture. Cleaning uggs takes some knowledge, but with the right tools, you can keep your shoes looking new for a long period of time.
Official Ugg Cleaner
There is a vast array of ugg cleaning products available for fans of the Australian footwear. Depending on how dirty your shoes become, you may want to use a specialized cleaning product. The official ugg care line consist of a sheepskin cleaner and conditioner, a water and stain repellent, a brush to nap the suede and remove dirt (2 sided) and a sheepskin freshener.
Some of the most common store-bought ugg cleaners include:
- Soap powder
- Waterproof cleansing spray
- Soft grit paste
- Leather cleaner
- Conditioning lotion or cream
- Mink oil
Top 3 Ugg Cleaners
The top three official and non-official ugg cleaners available on Amazon.com are:
- 1. Ugg Australia Care Kit (available on Amazon.com for around $20, buy here). This kit comes with cleaner, conditioner, protector, freshener and brush. It also comes with a scuff eraser for removing kick stains.
- 2. McNett ReviveX Nubuck, Suede & Fabric Boot Care Kit (available on Amazon.com for around $16, buy here). Includes water repellent and conditioner, ReviveX boot cleaner concentrate, ReviveX broad brush and ReviveX scuff eraser.
- 3. Nikwax Footwear Care Kit (available on Amazon.com for around $14, buy here). This nubuck and suede care kit comes with a cleansing gel and waterproofing wax.
When it comes to purchasing a store-bought ugg cleaner, the more comprehensive the cleaning kit, the better it will maintain the beauty of your shoes. Cleansers alone do not protect your shoes from future wear and tear. The best types of cleaning kits will include a conditioning treatment and a protective waterproofing spray, cream or lotion.
Homemade Ugg Cleaners
In some cases, cleansers made from household items may be used to clean your uggs. This isn’t recommended unless you have tested the product in an inconspicuous spot prior to cleaning the entire shoe.
Popular home remedies for cleaning uggs include:
- Egg yolks applied to the shoe and rubbed off
- Baby powder used to soak up oil or grease
- Wet tea bags placed on a stain overnight
- Chalk powder rubbed onto the dirt stain
- Baking soda sprinkled on insole stains
Cleaning and Drying Tips
When cleaning your ugg boots, it is important to avoid soaking them completely in water. Using a damp cloth or sponge will prevent the shoes from getting too wet. To maintain the shape of the shoes while they dry, place crumbled newspaper in them. After they are dry, use a suede brush to restore the texture of the shoe.
Ugg brand footwear is comfortable and stylish, so you most likely wear your uggs often. This can cause the boots, clogs, or slippers to quickly become dirty, and they can lose the new shoe look. In order to maintain the quality of these shoes, clean them regularly. It takes very little effort to clean uggs, whether you use the official ugg cleaner or household items.
Enjoy for Years!
Ugg boots are durable, and they can last for a long time when properly cared for. It is important to clean and protect your uggs in order to get the most use from them. If you want to enjoy the luxury and comfort of these trendy shoes for years to come, take some time to find the best cleaning and conditioning products for your particular needs.