Do you love your ugg slippers? If so, you will probably want to keep them in good condition. However, it is inevitable that your slippers will get dirty even if you try your best to prevent it. Fortunately, after reading this article your ‘how to clean ugg slippers’ days are over and you know that it’s possible to clean your beloved slippers without harming their integrity or aesthetic appeal. Beneath you will find step-by-step instructions for effectively conditioning and cleaning your ugg slippers.
Supplies You Need:
Luckily, it isn’t very costly to clean your ugg slippers. You’ll probably have the best deal when you order a Ugg Care kit with a sheepskin protector, sheepskin cleaner, sheepskin freshener (all 4 oz. bottles) and sheepskin brush from Amazon.com. This package will cost around $20 dollars and is a must have kit if you want to maintain your uggs.
- Basin of cold water
- Soft sponge
- The official brand Ugg sheepskin cleaner and conditioner
- Paper towels
- The official brand Ugg sheepskin protector spray
How to Clean Ugg Slippers in 7 Steps
- First, you should moisten the outside of your shoes with the cold water from your basin. Do not under any circumstances soak your shoes in the water. Submerging the slippers will result in a loss of shape that cannot be repaired.
- Next, mix equal amounts of Ugg sheepskin cleaner with water. This will dilute the mixture to a more appropriate concentration.
- With a sponge, apply the water/cleaner mixture to the surface of your slippers and rub gently. A foam should form on the surface of the slipper.
- Rinse your slippers lightly with cold water. Again, be careful that your slippers don’t get too wet.
- Once you have rinsed the slippers, fill them with paper towels in order to maintain their shape. Since they will be heavier with the moisture, they will be more likely to bend and lose their structure. Filling them with paper towel prevents this problem. Also, some of the moisture coming through the walls of the slippers will be absorbed by the paper towels.
- After you have stuffed your slippers with the paper towels, place them in a dim, cool place to air dry. It will take approximately 24 hours for the slippers to dry completely.
- Once they are completely dry, spray with Ugg sheepskin protector spray to prevent stains and water damage.
How to Keep your Uggs Clean in the Future
To keep your ugg slippers clean and in good condition in the future, avoid subjecting them to extreme weather such as rain or snow. Too much light or heat can also harm the sheepskin, so you should avoid this as well. In addition, you should apply a protector spray once every six months to repel water and oil. Finally, clean and condition your ugg slippers annually to keep them in the best shape possible.
Additional Tips For Your Uggs
- Do not submerge your ugg slippers in water or put them in the washing machine for any reason. This will cause them to lose their shape and will most likely void any remaining warranty.
- Your slippers may shrink slightly after you washed them. However, this is normal and they will regain their original size as you wear them.
Other brands of sheepskin cleaner and protector are available for lower prices, though ugg only guarantees the quality of their manufactured product.
- If your uggs have difficult stains or hard to clean areas, you can try to use a soft bristle toothbrush. However, be careful not to scrub your shoe too hard, which will harm the material.
- Do not attempt to dry your shoes quicker by placing them in front of a direct heat source like a lamp or radiator. Too much heat can cause the sheepskin to pucker or dry out. Having a certain amount of oil on your shoes is essential to maintaining their condition.
Cleaning your ugg slippers is an important task that must be completed with care. If done incorrectly, they could lose their shape or become otherwise damaged. However, if you follow these steps, you can successfully clean your shoes while maintaining their integrity.
Instead of making a video myself about these 7 steps (why reinvent the wheel?) i’ve looked up the best video on youtube.com that visualizes the steps in this how-to article. I’ve found a video from whatshebuys.com where the lovely lady explains after a long talk about the company how to clean ugg slippers, boots, actually all footwear. She uses an ugg boot in the video but the same steps apply to your ugg slippers. The steps to clean ugg footwear begin at approximately 2:17. Have fun!
Don’t wait, order your Ugg Care Kit right now and here!