If you’ve ever wondered: “How do I clean my uggs?”, then this is the right place to ask that question. Ugg boots are cozy, stylish and quite popular, but they only look good if kept clean. Dirty, stained uggs aren’t what anyone wants, so it is important to take care of them.
Sheepskin is delicate, and needs to be cleaned and conditioned properly. Several options exist for cleaners and conditioners to help preserve the beauty of ugg boots. Ugg Australia offers an ugg sheepskin care kit for around $20. If you can’t miss $20 dollar then there are simple cleaners that can be made at home. Whatever you choose, regularly cleaning your ugg footwear will maintain it’s beauty.
6 Steps to Clean Your Uggs with the Australia Ugg Sheepskin Care Kit
- Dampen outside of Uggs with cold, clean water. Do not use hot water, or the washing machine.
- Evenly moisten the sheepskin so it will dry evenly.
- Make ½ and ½ dilution of cold water and Ugg Sheepskin Cleaner and Conditioner.
- Using a clean, damp sponge, apply the solution to entire boot, scrubbing gently. Never scrub Uggs hard. Sheepskin can be damaged that way.
- After cleaning the Uggs, rinse them in cold water. They will have lost most of their shape, so stuff them with paper towels (gently) and allow to air dry. Never use a clothes dryer or direct heat source or the sun to dry Uggs.
- After the Uggs are dry, use the suede brush and brush the boot all over, in one direction. This raises the nap of the sheepskin and makes it look good again.
How Do You Clean Uggs With a Homemade Cleaner?
If you want to clean your uggs with homemade supplies you need to know which supplies to gather. Below we’ve created a list of supplies to ensemble. Most of the items are already in every household, if you don’t have them you can probably purchase them for a couple of bucks at your local mall.
Supplies You Need:
- Suede brush, best deal online, see here
- Clean cloth
- White vinegar or Castile soap
- White paper towels
After you’ve gathered the supplies needed we get on with the actual cleaning part. So get ready for this 7 step cleaning guide!
- Brush the uggs all over with the suede brush, in one direction. This will loosen dirt.
- Using a clean cloth and cold, clean water dampen the outside of boots.
- Make a ½ and ½ mixture of cold water and white vinegar. One cup of each should do it. Alternatively, Castile soap is a good cleaner for sheepskin. Dilute it, and follow the same steps below.
- Using a clean sponge, gently scrub the entire boot from top to bottom with the vinegar and water cleaning solution. If the cleaning mixture gets too dirty, make some more.
- After cleaning, rinse the boots by dipping a clean sponge (a new one, not the one used with the cleaning solution) in cold water and wipe the Uggs, gently. Make sure to rinse the sponge often so it does not reapply cleaner and dirt.
- Stuff the boots with paper towels and allow to dry, away from heat sources.
- After the Uggs dry, brush them again with the suede brush, all in the same direction.
How to Clean the Inside of Uggs
Now we know how to clean the outside of ugg footwear, it’s also important to know how to clean the inside of your ugg boots. The inside can get a nasty odor if you don’t clean it once in a while. Let us first gather the supplies needed again and then begin the cleaning process.
Supplies You Need
- Baking Soda
- Corn Starch
The actual cleaning process is really simply!
- Put two teaspoons each of baking soda and corn starch into the boots.
- Hold the boots closed, and shake the powder all around the inside.
- Let them sit overnight.
- Dump out the corn starch and baking soda the next day.
How Do You Clean Uggs Video
We’ve taken a video from Youtube.com to show how other people clean their uggs, in this short 3:21 tutorial you’ll see how a young lady clean her uggs using the Australia Ugg Care Kit. If you want to buy this kit from Amazon.com (only $20) you’ll find a link below the post!
While we discuss two methods of cleaning your uggs here, we recommend cleaning your uggs with the Australia Ugg sheepskin care kit because this is tested and tested by the company itself. You can’t go wrong with that one and for only $20 dollars it’s a no-brainer! Below you can purchase this kit for around $20 and free shipping in the US. Order now!
Product prices and availability are accurate as of Aug 28 12:59:35 UTC but are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on the merchant site at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.